Mrs. Higgins’s drawing-room. She is at her writing-table as before. The parlor-maid comes in.
希金斯夫人的书房。她坐在之前的写字桌前。女仆进来了。

THE PARLOR-MAID [at the door] Mr. Henry, mam, is downstairs with Colonel Pickering.
女仆[站在门口]亨利先生和皮克灵上校在楼下。

MRS. HIGGINS. Well, show them up.
希金斯夫人。好,让他们上来。

THE PARLOR-MAID. They’re using the telephone, mam. Telephoning to the police, I think.
女仆。他们正在用电话,妈妈。我想他们正给警察打电话。

MRS. HIGGINS. What!
希金斯夫人。什么!

THE PARLOR-MAID [coming further in and lowering her voice] Mr. Henry’s in a state, mam. —
女仆[进一步走进来,低声说]亨利先生状态不好,妈妈。 —

I thought I’d better tell you.
我觉得我最好告诉您。

MRS. HIGGINS. If you had told me that Mr. Henry was not in a state it would have been more surprising. —
不过如果你告诉我亨利先生不在状态,那倒真会让我惊讶一些。 —

Tell them to come up when they’ve finished with the police. —
告诉他们在和警察完成之后再上来。 —

I suppose he’s lost something.
我想他一定是丢了什么东西。

THE PARLOR-MAID. Yes, maam [going].
女仆:是的,夫人(离开)。

MRS. HIGGINS. Go upstairs and tell Miss Doolittle that Mr. Henry and the Colonel are here. —
希金斯夫人:上楼告诉杜立德小姐,亨利先生和上校在这里。 —

Ask her not to come down till I send for her.
叫她等我派人去叫她下来。

THE PARLOR-MAID. Yes, mam.
女仆:是的,夫人。

Higgins bursts in. He is, as the parlor-maid has said, in a state.
希金斯闯了进来,正如女仆所说的,他一脸愤怒。

HIGGINS. Look here, mother: here’s a confounded thing!
希金斯:看这个,妈妈:遇到了个烦人的事!

MRS. HIGGINS. Yes, dear. Good-morning. [He checks his impatience and kisses her, whilst the parlor-maid goes out]. What is it?
希金斯夫人:是的,亲爱的。早上好。(他控制住自己的不耐烦,亲了她一口,女仆走出去了)。怎么了?

HIGGINS. Eliza’s bolted.
希金斯:伊莉莎已经离开了。

MRS. HIGGINS [calmly continuing her writing] You must have frightened her.
希金斯夫人(平静地继续写作):你一定是吓到了她。

HIGGINS. Frightened her! nonsense! She was left last night, as usual, to turn out the lights and all that; —
希金斯:吓到她!胡说!昨晚像往常一样她留下来关灯之类的事情; —

and instead of going to bed she changed her clothes and went right off: her bed wasn’t slept in. —
但是她没有上床睡觉,反而换了衣服就走了:她的床没人睡过。 —

She came in a cab for her things before seven this morning; —
今天早上七点之前,她乘坐出租车来取她的东西; —

and that fool Mrs. Pearce let her have them without telling me a word about it. What am I to do?
那个傻瓜皮尔斯夫人竟然不告诉我就让她拿走了。我该怎么办?

MRS. HIGGINS. Do without, I’m afraid, Henry. The girl has a perfect right to leave if she chooses.
亨利,恐怕只能忍受没有她了。她有权利选择离开。

HIGGINS [wandering distractedly across the room] But I can’t find anything. —
但是我找不到任何东西了。 —

I don’t know what appointments I’ve got. I’m— [Pickering comes in. —
我不知道我有什么约会。我—[皮克林格走进来。 —

Mrs. Higgins puts down her pen and turns away from the writing-table].
希金斯夫人放下笔,背对着写字台。

PICKERING [shaking hands] Good-morning, Mrs. Higgins. —
早上好,希金斯夫人。 —

Has Henry told you? [He sits down on the ottoman].
亨利告诉你了吗?[他坐在脚凳上。

HIGGINS. What does that ass of an inspector say? Have you offered a reward?
那个笨警察说了什么?你给出了奖励吗?

MRS. HIGGINS [rising in indignant amazement] You don’t mean to say you have set the police after Eliza?
你不是说你把警察放在伊丽莎这儿吗?

HIGGINS. Of course. What are the police for? —
当然。警察还能干什么? —

What else could we do? [He sits in the Elizabethan chair].
我们还能做什么?

PICKERING. The inspector made a lot of difficulties. —
除了要求我们出示不正当目的的证据,那个警察还找了很多麻烦。 —

I really think he suspected us of some improper purpose.
我真的觉得他怀疑我们有些不正当的目的。

MRS. HIGGINS. Well, of course he did. What right have you to go to the police and give the girl’s name as if she were a thief, or a lost umbrella, or something? —
希金斯夫人:嗯,当然他会这样做。你凭什么可以去警察局,把这个女孩的名字当作偷窃犯或者丢失的伞之类的东西? —

Really! [She sits down again, deeply vexed].
真的!(她再次坐下,非常烦恼)。

HIGGINS. But we want to find her.
希金斯:但我们想找到她。

PICKERING. We can’t let her go like this, you know, Mrs. Higgins. What were we to do?
皮克林:夫人,我们不能就这样让她走了。我们该怎么办?

MRS. HIGGINS. You have no more sense, either of you, than two children. Why—
希金斯夫人:你们两个都不比两个孩子聪明。为什么……

The parlor-maid comes in and breaks off the conversation.
女仆进来打断了谈话。

THE PARLOR-MAID. Mr. Henry: a gentleman wants to see you very particular. —
女仆:亨利先生,有位先生非常想见你。 —

He’s been sent on from Wimpole Street.
他是从温波尔街过来的。

HIGGINS. Oh, bother! I can’t see anyone now. Who is it?
希金斯:哦,烦死了!我现在不能见任何人。他是谁?

THE PARLOR-MAID. A Mr. Doolittle, Sir.
女仆:杜利特尔先生,先生。

PICKERING. Doolittle! Do you mean the dustman?
皮克林:杜利特尔!你是指那个清洁工吗?

THE PARLOR-MAID. Dustman! Oh no, sir: a gentleman.
女仆:清洁工!哦不,先生,是位绅士。

HIGGINS [springing up excitedly] By George, Pick, it’s some relative of hers that she’s gone to. —
希金斯(兴奋地跳起来):我的天,皮克,一定是她的亲戚,她去找了某个我们完全不了解的人。 (对女仆说)快把他送上来。 —

Somebody we know nothing about. [To the parlor-maid] Send him up, quick.
女仆:好的,先生。(离开)

THE PARLOR-MAID. Yes, Sir. [She goes].
女仆:好的,先生。(离开)。

HIGGINS [eagerly, going to his mother] Genteel relatives! —
希金斯【急切地,走向他的母亲】有绅士风度的亲戚! —

now we shall hear something. [He sits down in the Chippendale chair].
现在我们要听到一些消息了。【他坐在夏邦德尔椅子上】。

MRS. HIGGINS. Do you know any of her people?
赫金斯夫人:你认识她的家人吗?

PICKERING. Only her father: the fellow we told you about.
皮克林:只有她的父亲:我们给你讲过的那个家伙。

THE PARLOR-MAID [announcing] Mr. Doolittle. [She withdraws].
女仆【宣布】杜利特尔先生。【她退去】。

Doolittle enters. He is brilliantly dressed in a new fashionable frock-coat, with white waistcoat and grey trousers. —
杜利特尔走进来。他穿着一套华丽的新时尚燕尾服,配白色背心和灰色长裤。 —

A flower in his buttonhole, a dazzling silk hat, and patent leather shoes complete the effect. —
他的纽扣孔上别着一朵鲜花,头戴着耀眼的丝质帽子,脚穿着镀皮皮鞋。 —

He is too concerned with the business he has come on to notice Mrs. Higgins. —
他对自己所谋划的事情过于关心,没有注意到希金斯夫人。 —

He walks straight to Higgins, and accosts him with vehement reproach.
他径直走向希金斯,激烈地指责他。

DOOLITTLE [indicating his own person] See here! Do you see this? You done this.
杜利特尔【指着自己】看这个!你看见了吗?你干的好事!

HIGGINS. Done what, man?
希金斯:干了什么,伙计?

DOOLITTLE. This, I tell you. Look at it. Look at this hat. Look at this coat.
杜利特尔:就是这个,我告诉你。看看它。看看这顶帽子。看看这身衣服。

PICKERING. Has Eliza been buying you clothes?
皮克林:是伊丽莎买给你衣服了吗?

DOOLITTLE. Eliza! not she. Not half. Why would she buy me clothes?
杜利特尔:伊丽莎!才不是她。还差得远呢。她为什么要给我买衣服?

MRS. HIGGINS. Good-morning, Mr. Doolittle. Won’t you sit down?
赫金斯夫人。早上好,杜力托先生。请坐下吧?

DOOLITTLE [taken aback as he becomes conscious that he has forgotten his hostess] Asking your pardon, ma’am. —
杜力托 [吃惊地意识到自己忘记了女主人] 真不好意思,夫人。 —

[He approaches her and shakes her proffered hand]. Thank you. —
[他走近她,握住了她递过来的手] 谢谢。 —

[He sits down on the ottoman, on Pickering’s right]. —
[他坐在长椅上,位于皮克林右边]。 —

I am that full of what has happened to me that I can’t think of anything else.
我心里满是刚刚发生的事情,其他什么都想不了。

HIGGINS. What the dickens has happened to you?
赫金斯。到底发生了什么事情?

DOOLITTLE. I shouldn’t mind if it had only happened to me: —
杜力托。如果只有我发生了这种事,我也不会介意: —

anything might happen to anybody and nobody to blame but Providence, as you might say. —
人人都可能发生什么事,而且没有人能怪责,可以说是上帝的安排。 —

But this is something that you done to me: —
但是这是你们干的事: —

yes, you, Henry Higgins.
是的,是你,亨利·希金斯。

HIGGINS. Have you found Eliza? That’s the point.
赫金斯。你找到伊莱扎了吗?这才是关键。

DOOLITTLE. Have you lost her?
杜力托。你把她丢了?

HIGGINS. Yes.
赫金斯。是的。

DOOLITTLE. You have all the luck, you have. I ain’t found her; —
杜力托。你运气真好。我没有找到她; —

but she’ll find me quick enough now after what you done to me.
但是她会很快找到我的,因为你们对我干了什么。

MRS. HIGGINS. But what has my son done to you, Mr. Doolittle?
夫人希金斯。但是,杜立德先生,我儿子对您做了什么呢?

DOOLITTLE. Done to me! Ruined me. Destroyed my happiness. —
杜立德。对我做了什么!毁了我的生活。把我束缚起来,交给了中产阶级的道德准则。 —

Tied me up and delivered me into the hands of middle class morality.
把我卷入到中产阶级的道德准则中。

HIGGINS [rising intolerantly and standing over Doolittle] You’re raving. You’re drunk. You’re mad. —
希金斯[不耐烦地站起来,居高临下地对着杜立德]。你在胡言乱语。你喝醉了。你疯了。 —

I gave you five pounds. After that I had two conversations with you, at half-a-crown an hour. —
我给过你五镑钱。之后我和你有过两次对话,每小时半克朗。 —

I’ve never seen you since.
之后我从未见过你。

DOOLITTLE. Oh! Drunk! am I? Mad! am I? Tell me this. —
杜立德。哦!我喝醉了吗?我疯了吗?告诉我。 —

Did you or did you not write a letter to an old blighter in America that was giving five millions to found Moral Reform Societies all over the world, and that wanted you to invent a universal language for him?
你是不是写了一封信给一个老家伙在美国,他要捐出五百万来建立全世界的道德改革协会,而他想让你为他发明一种通用语言?

HIGGINS. What! Ezra D. Wannafeller! He’s dead. [He sits down again carelessly].
希金斯。什么!以泽拉·D·万纳费勒!他已经去世了。[他又漫不经心地坐了下来]。

DOOLITTLE. Yes: he’s dead; and I’m done for. —
杜立德。是的,他去世了;而我完蛋了。 —

Now did you or did you not write a letter to him to say that the most original moralist at present in England, to the best of your knowledge, was Alfred Doolittle, a common dustman.
现在,你是不是写了一封信给他,说英国目前最有原创性的道德家据你所知是叫做阿尔弗雷德·杜立德的一个普通的垃圾清运工人?

HIGGINS. Oh, after your last visit I remember making some silly joke of the kind.
希金斯:啊,在您上次来访后,我记得自己开了一个愚蠢的玩笑。

DOOLITTLE. Ah! you may well call it a silly joke. It put the lid on me right enough. —
杜立德:啊!你不妨称之为一个愚蠢的玩笑。它把我给定下了。 —

Just give him the chance he wanted to show that Americans is not like us: —
只要给他他想要的机会,他就能展示美国人与我们不同的一面: —

that they recognize and respect merit in every class of life, however humble. —
他们承认并尊重各行各业的能力,无论多么卑微。 —

Them words is in his blooming will, in which, Henry Higgins, thanks to your silly joking, he leaves me a share in his Pre-digested Cheese Trust worth three thousand a year on condition that I lecture for his Wannafeller Moral Reform World League as often as they ask me up to six times a year.
这些话写在他该死的遗嘱上,因为你的愚蠢玩笑,亨利·希金斯,他给了我他价值三千英镑的”预消化奶酪信托基金“每年都听从万菲勒道德改革世界联盟的邀请进行演讲,最多六次。

HIGGINS. The devil he does! Whew! [Brightening suddenly] What a lark!
希金斯:他真的这样做了!呼哧![突然亮了起来]真是太好玩了!

PICKERING. A safe thing for you, Doolittle. They won’t ask you twice.
匹克林:这对你来说是安全的,杜立德。他们不会第二次邀请你的。

DOOLITTLE. It ain’t the lecturing I mind. —
杜立德:我并不担心演讲。 —

I’ll lecture them blue in the face, I will, and not turn a hair. —
我会讲得滔滔不绝,而且毫不犹豫。 —

It’s making a gentleman of me that I object to. Who asked him to make a gentleman of me? —
我反对的是他把我培养成一个绅士。是谁要求他培养我成为绅士的? —

I was happy. I was free. I touched pretty nigh everybody for money when I wanted it, same as I touched you, Henry Higgins. —
我很快乐。我很自由。当我需要钱的时候,我几乎触碰了每个人,就像我触碰了你一样,亨利·希金斯。 —

Now I am worrited; tied neck and heels; and everybody touches me for money. —
现在我很担心,束手束脚地被人们触碰着要钱。 —

It’s a fine thing for you, says my solicitor. Is it? —
这对你来说是件好事,我的律师说。是吗? —

says I. You mean it’s a good thing for you, I says. —
我说。你是说对你来说是件好事,我说。 —

When I was a poor man and had a solicitor once when they found a pram in the dust cart, he got me off, and got shut of me and got me shut of him as quick as he could. —
我从前是个穷人,有一次他们在垃圾车里发现了一辆婴儿车,他使我摆脱了困境,使我和他尽快分手。 —

Same with the doctors: used to shove me out of the hospital before I could hardly stand on my legs, and nothing to pay. —
同样的情况也发生在医生身上:他们过去总是在我几乎站不稳脚的时候把我推出医院,而且什么费用都不用付。 —

Now they finds out that I’m not a healthy man and can’t live unless they looks after me twice a day. In the house I’m not let do a hand’s turn for myself: —
现在他们发现我身体不好,除非他们每天两次照顾我,否则我无法活下去。家里的事我不能自己动手: —

somebody else must do it and touch me for it. —
必须有别人为我做,然后向我要钱。 —

A year ago I hadn’t a relative in the world except two or three that wouldn’t speak to me. —
一年前,除了两三个不和我说话的亲戚外,我没有亲人。 —

Now I’ve fifty, and not a decent week’s wages among the lot of them. —
现在我有五十个亲人,但他们中没有一人有像样的一周工资。 —

I have to live for others and not for myself: that’s middle class morality. —
我必须为别人而活,而不是为自己:这就是中产阶级的道德。 —

You talk of losing Eliza. Don’t you be anxious: I bet she’s on my doorstep by this: —
你谈到了失去伊莉莎。你不要担心:我打赌她会立刻来找我: —

she that could support herself easy by selling flowers if I wasn’t respectable. —
如果我不讲究身份,她可以轻松靠卖花养活自己。 —

And the next one to touch me will be you, Henry Higgins. —
下一个碰到我的人就是你,亨利·希金斯。 —

I’ll have to learn to speak middle class language from you, instead of speaking proper English. —
我得向你学习中产阶级的语言,而不是讲正确的英语。 —

That’s where you’ll come in; and I daresay that’s what you done it for.
那就是你要做的事;我敢说这也是你这么做的目的。

MRS. HIGGINS. But, my dear Mr. Doolittle, you need not suffer all this if you are really in earnest. —
希金斯夫人。不过,亲爱的杜利特尔先生,如果你确实认真的话,并不需要忍受这一切。 —

Nobody can force you to accept this bequest. —
没有人能强迫你接受这个遗赠。 —

You can repudiate it. Isn’t that so, Colonel Pickering?
你可以否认它。不是吗,皮克林上校?

PICKERING. I believe so.
皮克林。我相信是这样的。

DOOLITTLE [softening his manner in deference to her sex] That’s the tragedy of it, ma’am. —
杜利特尔[对她的性别略表柔和]。那就是悲剧,夫人。 —

It’s easy to say chuck it; but I haven’t the nerve. Which one of us has? We’re all intimidated. —
说放弃容易;但我没有勇气。我们谁有勇气呢?我们都被吓到了。 —

Intimidated, ma’am: that’s what we are. What is there for me if I chuck it but the workhouse in my old age? —
恐吓,夫人:这就是我们的处境。如果我丢掉工作,老了只会被送进救济院吧? —

I have to dye my hair already to keep my job as a dustman. —
为了继续做清洁工,我不得不染头发了。 —

If I was one of the deserving poor, and had put by a bit, I could chuck it; —
如果我是应得的穷人,存了点钱,我可以丢掉工作; —

but then why should I, acause the deserving poor might as well be millionaires for all the happiness they ever has. —
但是为什么我要这么做呢,因为那些应得的穷人也不会比百万富翁幸福多少。 —

They don’t know what happiness is. But I, as one of the undeserving poor, have nothing between me and the pauper’s uniform but this here blasted three thousand a year that shoves me into the middle class. —
他们不知道什么是幸福。但是,作为那些不应得的穷人之一,我除了这该死的每年三千块钱,没有任何东西可以阻挡我进入中产阶级。 —

(Excuse the expression, ma’am: you’d use it yourself if you had my provocation). —
(请原谅,夫人:如果你有我的遭遇,你也会用相同的表达方式)。 —

They’ve got you every way you turn: it’s a choice between the Skilly of the workhouse and the Char Bydis of the middle class; —
无论你怎么选择都会受到限制:是救济院的粥还是中产阶级的纷争; —

and I haven’t the nerve for the workhouse. Intimidated: that’s what I am. Broke. Bought up. —
而我没有勇气去救济院。恐吓:这就是我的处境。破产了。被抢购了。 —

Happier men than me will call for my dust, and touch me for their tip; —
比我幸福的人会来找我收尘,向我要小费; —

and I’ll look on helpless, and envy them. —
我会无助地望着他们,羡慕他们。 —

And that’s what your son has brought me to. —
这就是你的儿子带给我的。 —

[He is overcome by emotion].
[他被情感淹没了]。

MRS. HIGGINS. Well, I’m very glad you’re not going to do anything foolish, Mr. Doolittle. —
希金斯夫人,很高兴您不会做任何愚蠢的事。 —

For this solves the problem of Eliza’s future. —
这解决了伊丽莎未来的问题。 —

You can provide for her now.
现在你可以为她提供生活。

DOOLITTLE [with melancholy resignation] Yes, ma’am; —
杜立德先生 [带着忧郁的顺从] 是的,夫人; —

I’m expected to provide for everyone now, out of three thousand a year.
现在我预计要靠3000英镑来养活所有人。

HIGGINS [jumping up] Nonsense! he can’t provide for her. He shan’t provide for her. —
希金斯 [跳起来] 胡说!他养不起她。他不能养活她。 —

She doesn’t belong to him. I paid him five pounds for her. —
她不是他的人。我给了他五英镑买她。 —

Doolittle: either you’re an honest man or a rogue.
杜立德:你是个诚实的人还是个流氓。

DOOLITTLE [tolerantly] A little of both, Henry, like the rest of us: a little of both.
杜立德 [宽容地] 亨利,我像我们其他人一样,这两者兼而有之:既诚实又流氓。

HIGGINS. Well, you took that money for the girl; and you have no right to take her as well.
希金斯。你接受了那笔钱换取了这个女孩;你没有权利同时拿走她。

MRS. HIGGINS. Henry: don’t be absurd. If you really want to know where Eliza is, she is upstairs.
希金斯夫人。亨利,别胡闹了。如果你真的想知道伊丽莎在哪儿,她在楼上。

HIGGINS [amazed] Upstairs!!! Then I shall jolly soon fetch her downstairs. —
希金斯 [惊讶地] 楼上!!!那么,我很快就会把她带下楼来。 —

[He makes resolutely for the door].
【他毅然向门口走去】。

MRS. HIGGINS [rising and following him] Be quiet, Henry. Sit down.
玛丽斯太太【站起来跟着他】安静点,亨利。坐下。

HIGGINS. I—
亨利 我——

MRS. HIGGINS. Sit down, dear; and listen to me.
玛丽斯太太 亲爱的,坐下,听我说。

HIGGINS. Oh very well, very well, very well. —
亨利 哦,好吧,好吧,好吧。 —

[He throws himself ungraciously on the ottoman, with his face towards the windows]. But I think you might have told me this half an hour ago.
【他不情愿地将自己一头扔在地蒲团上,脸朝窗户】。但是我觉得你本可以在半小时前告诉我这件事。

MRS. HIGGINS. Eliza came to me this morning. —
玛丽斯太太 伊莱扎今天早上来找过我。 —

She passed the night partly walking about in a rage, partly trying to throw herself into the river and being afraid to, and partly in the Carlton Hotel. She told me of the brutal way you two treated her.
她整夜愤怒地在一部分地方走来走去,一部分想要投入河里却又害怕,另一部分在卡尔顿酒店。她告诉我你们两个对她很野蛮。

HIGGINS [bounding up again] What!
希金斯(再次跳起来)什么!

PICKERING [rising also] My dear Mrs. Higgins, she’s been telling you stories. —
皮克林(也站起来)亲爱的希金斯夫人,她是在给你编故事。 —

We didn’t treat her brutally. We hardly said a word to her; —
我们并没有对她野蛮。我们几乎没对她说过几句话; —

and we parted on particularly good terms. [Turning on Higgins]. —
而且我们分别时关系特别好。[转向希金斯] —

Higgins: did you bully her after I went to bed?
希金斯,我上床后你欺负她了吗?

HIGGINS. Just the other way about. She threw my slippers in my face. —
希金斯。恰好相反。她把我的拖鞋扔在我脸上。 —

She behaved in the most outrageous way. I never gave her the slightest provocation. —
她的行为非常出格。我从未给她一丁点的刺激。 —

The slippers came bang into my face the moment I entered the room—before I had uttered a word. —
在我刚进房间的时候,拖鞋直接扔到了我的脸上,还没来得及开口说话。 —

And used perfectly awful language.
并且使用了非常糟糕的语言。

PICKERING [astonished] But why? What did we do to her?
皮克林[惊讶地]但是为什么?我们对她做了什么?

MRS. HIGGINS. I think I know pretty well what you did. —
希金斯夫人。我想我很清楚你们做了什么。 —

The girl is naturally rather affectionate, I think. Isn’t she, Mr. Doolittle?
我觉得这个女孩天生就很有感情。对吧,杜利特尔先生?

DOOLITTLE. Very tender-hearted, ma’am. Takes after me.
杜利特尔。非常心肠软,夫人。像我这样。

MRS. HIGGINS. Just so. She had become attached to you both. She worked very hard for you, Henry! —
希金斯夫人。没错。她对你俩很有感情。她为你们非常努力,亨利! —

I don’t think you quite realize what anything in the nature of brain work means to a girl like that. Well, it seems that when the great day of trial came, and she did this wonderful thing for you without making a single mistake, you two sat there and never said a word to her, but talked together of how glad you were that it was all over and how you had been bored with the whole thing. —
我想你们并没有真正意识到对一个像她这样的女孩来说,任何脑力劳动意味着什么。事实上,当她在那场伟大的考验中,毫无错误地为你们做了这个了不起的事情时,你们两个却坐在那里,一句话都没有对她说,却在谈论着这一切已经结束了,以及你们对整个过程感到多么无聊。 —

And then you were surprised because she threw your slippers at you! —
然后你很惊讶,因为她朝你扔了你的拖鞋! —

I should have thrown the fire-irons at you.
我应该朝你扔火铁的!

HIGGINS. We said nothing except that we were tired and wanted to go to bed. Did we, Pick?
希金斯:我们除了说我们累了,想要去睡觉之外,什么都没说。对吗,皮克?

PICKERING [shrugging his shoulders] That was all.
皮克林:就是这样。

MRS. HIGGINS [ironically] Quite sure?
希金斯夫人:真的吗?你们什么都没有感谢她、宠爱她、赞美她,或者告诉她她有多出色?

PICKERING. Absolutely. Really, that was all.
希金斯:(不耐烦地)但是她全部都知道。

MRS. HIGGINS. You didn’t thank her, or pet her, or admire her, or tell her how splendid she’d been.
我们没有对她大言不惭,如果你是指这个的话。

HIGGINS [impatiently] But she knew all about that. —
皮克林:也许我们有点不体贴。她生气吗? —

We didn’t make speeches to her, if that’s what you mean.
希金斯夫人:回到写字台,恢复了原位)嗯,我怕她不会回到温波尔街了,特别是现在杜利特尔先生能够保持你们给她的地位;

PICKERING [conscience stricken] Perhaps we were a little inconsiderate. Is she very angry?
但她说她愿意与你友好相处,并放下过去。

MRS. HIGGINS [returning to her place at the writing-table] Well, I’m afraid she won’t go back to Wimpole Street, especially now that Mr. Doolittle is able to keep up the position you have thrust on her; —
希金斯:(愤怒地)哦,她是吗?噢! —

but she says she is quite willing to meet you on friendly terms and to let bygones be bygones.
哈!

HIGGINS [furious] Is she, by George? Ho!
让往事随风吧。

MRS. HIGGINS. If you promise to behave yourself, Henry, I’ll ask her to come down. —
“夫人希金斯,如果亨利你答应好好表现,我会请她下来。” —

If not, go home; for you have taken up quite enough of my time.
“否则,你回家吧;你已经占据了我足够多的时间。”

HIGGINS. Oh, all right. Very well. Pick: you behave yourself. —
“好吧,行。你行为端正一点。” —

Let us put on our best Sunday manners for this creature that we picked out of the mud. —
“让我们对这个我们从泥淖中找来的人表现得像星期天一样彬彬有礼。” —

[He flings himself sulkily into the Elizabethan chair].
[他不悦地坐到了伊丽莎白式的椅子上。]

DOOLITTLE [remonstrating] Now, now, Henry Higgins! —
“杜里特尔先生,你不要这样。” —

have some consideration for my feelings as a middle class man.
“要考虑一下我作为一个中产阶级人的感受。”

MRS. HIGGINS. Remember your promise, Henry. [She presses the bell-button on the writing-table]. —
“希尔特先生,记得你的承诺。” (她按下了写字台上的铃按钮) —

Mr. Doolittle: will you be so good as to step out on the balcony for a moment. —
“杜里特尔先生,您能否请到阳台上待一会儿?” —

I don’t want Eliza to have the shock of your news until she has made it up with these two gentlemen. Would you mind?
“在伊丽莎白与这两位绅士言归于好之前,我不希望她听到你的消息会有所震惊。你介意吗?”

DOOLITTLE. As you wish, lady. Anything to help Henry to keep her off my hands. —
“按你的意愿,夫人。只要能帮助亨利让她不再麻烦我就行。” —

[He disappears through the window].
[他从窗户消失了。]

The parlor-maid answers the bell. Pickering sits down in Doolittle’s place.
女仆应声,皮克林坐在杜里特尔的位置上。

MRS. HIGGINS. Ask Miss Doolittle to come down, please.
希金斯夫人:请让杜利特小姐下来。

THE PARLOR-MAID. Yes, mam. [She goes out].
起居室女仆:是,夫人。[她走出去了]。

MRS. HIGGINS. Now, Henry: be good.
希金斯夫人:好了,亨利,要乖哦。

HIGGINS. I am behaving myself perfectly.
希金斯:我表现得很好。

PICKERING. He is doing his best, Mrs. Higgins.
皮克林:他在尽力,希金斯夫人。

A pause. Higgins throws back his head; stretches out his legs; and begins to whistle.
一个暂停。希金斯仰头,舒展腿脚,开始吹口哨。

MRS. HIGGINS. Henry, dearest, you don’t look at all nice in that attitude.
希金斯夫人:亨利,亲爱的,你那个姿势看起来一点也不好看。

HIGGINS [pulling himself together] I was not trying to look nice, mother.
希金斯(振作起来):我不是在试图看起来好看,妈妈。

MRS. HIGGINS. It doesn’t matter, dear. I only wanted to make you speak.
希金斯夫人:没关系,亲爱的。我只是想让你说话。

HIGGINS. Why?
希金斯:为什么?

MRS. HIGGINS. Because you can’t speak and whistle at the same time.
希金斯夫人:因为你不能同时说话和吹口哨。

Higgins groans. Another very trying pause.
希金斯叹气。又是一个非常令人烦恼的暂停。

HIGGINS [springing up, out of patience] Where the devil is that girl? Are we to wait here all day?
希金斯(不耐烦地站起来):那个女孩到底在哪里?难道我们要在这里等一整天吗?

Eliza enters, sunny, self-possessed, and giving a staggeringly convincing exhibition of ease of manner. —
伊丽莎走进来,阳光明媚,自信满满,展示出惊人的自如态度。 —

She carries a little work-basket, and is very much at home. —
她提着一个小绣花篮,非常得心应手。 —

Pickering is too much taken aback to rise.
皮克林太过震惊而无法起身。

LIZA. How do you do, Professor Higgins? Are you quite well?
LIZA. 哈利几斯教授,你好吗?你还好吧?

HIGGINS [choking] Am I— [He can say no more].
HIGGINS [喘不过气来] 我…[他说不出话来了]。

LIZA. But of course you are: you are never ill. So glad to see you again, Colonel Pickering. —
LIZA. 当然你好啊,你从来都没生病过。很高兴再次见到你,皮克林上校。 —

[He rises hastily; and they shake hands]. —
[他迅速站起来,他们握手]。 —

Quite chilly this morning, isn’t it? [She sits down on his left. —
今早有点冷,不是吗?[她坐在他的左边。 —

He sits beside her].
他坐在她旁边]。

HIGGINS. Don’t you dare try this game on me. I taught it to you; —
HIGGINS. 别在我身上玩这招。我是教给你的;你骗不了我。起来,回家;别傻了。 —

and it doesn’t take me in. Get up and come home; —
黎萨从篮子里拿出针线活,开始缝制,完全不理会他的发作。 —

and don’t be a fool.
MRS. HIGGINS. 说得非常好,亨利。没有女人能拒绝这样的邀请。

Eliza takes a piece of needlework from her basket, and begins to stitch at it, without taking the least notice of this outburst.
HIGGINS. 你别管她,妈妈。让她自己说话。

MRS. HIGGINS. Very nicely put, indeed, Henry. No woman could resist such an invitation.
很快你就会看到她是否有我没给她灌输过的想法,或是我没给她嘴里塞过的话。

HIGGINS. You let her alone, mother. Let her speak for herself. —
HIGGINS. Don’t you dare try this game on me. I taught it to you; —

You will jolly soon see whether she has an idea that I haven’t put into her head or a word that I haven’t put into her mouth. —
You will jolly soon see whether she has an idea that I haven’t put into her head or a word that I haven’t put into her mouth. —

I tell you I have created this thing out of the squashed cabbage leaves of Covent Garden; —
我告诉你,我用科文特花园的压碎卷心菜叶子制作了这个东西; —

and now she pretends to play the fine lady with me.
并且现在她假装跟我摆架子,装作一个优雅的女士。

MRS. HIGGINS [placidly] Yes, dear; but you’ll sit down, won’t you?
希金斯夫人[平静地]是的,亲爱的;你会坐下来吧?

Higgins sits down again, savagely.
希金斯恶狠狠地重新坐下。

LIZA [to Pickering, taking no apparent notice of Higgins, and working away deftly] Will you drop me altogether now that the experiment is over, Colonel Pickering?
莱兹 [对皮克林,似乎不注意希金斯,熟练地工作着]现在实验结束了,你会完全放弃我吗,皮克林上校?

PICKERING. Oh don’t. You mustn’t think of it as an experiment. It shocks me, somehow.
皮克林。噢,不,你不应该把它看作是一个实验。它让我感到震惊,不知怎么的。

LIZA. Oh, I’m only a squashed cabbage leaf.
莱兹。噢,我只是个被压平的卷心菜叶。

PICKERING [impulsively] No.
皮克林[冲动地]不是的。

LIZA [continuing quietly]—but I owe so much to you that I should be very unhappy if you forgot me.
莱兹[继续平静地说]—但是我欠你太多了,如果你忘记了我,我会非常不开心的。

PICKERING. It’s very kind of you to say so, Miss Doolittle.
皮克林。你这么说真是太好心了,杜莉特小姐。

LIZA. It’s not because you paid for my dresses. I know you are generous to everybody with money. —
莱兹。这不是因为你为我的服装付钱。我知道你对每个人都慷慨大方。 —

But it was from you that I learnt really nice manners; and that is what makes one a lady, isn’t it? —
但是正是从你那里我学到了真正好的举止规范;这才使我成为一个女士,不是吗? —

You see it was so very difficult for me with the example of Professor Higgins always before me. —
你看,例子就是教授希金斯一直在我面前,这使我非常困扰。 —

I was brought up to be just like him, unable to control myself, and using bad language on the slightest provocation. —
我从小就被教育要像他一样,无法控制自己,稍有刺激就会说脏话。 —

And I should never have known that ladies and gentlemen didn’t behave like that if you hadn’t been there.
如果没有你在场,我永远不会知道淑女和绅士不会那样行为。

HIGGINS. Well!!
希金斯:哼!

PICKERING. Oh, that’s only his way, you know. He doesn’t mean it.
皮克林:哦,你知道,那只是他的方式,他并不是那样的意思。

LIZA. Oh, I didn’t mean it either, when I was a flower girl. It was only my way. —
丽莎:哦,当我还是个卖花女的时候,我也不是那个意思,那只是我的方式而已。 —

But you see I did it; and that’s what makes the difference after all.
但你看,我做到了;这才是最重要的不同之处。

PICKERING. No doubt. Still, he taught you to speak; and I couldn’t have done that, you know.
皮克林:毫无疑问。不过,他教会了你说话;而我是做不到这点的,你知道的。

LIZA [trivially] Of course: that is his profession.
丽莎(漫不经心地):当然,那是他的职业。

HIGGINS. Damnation!
希金斯:该死!

LIZA [continuing] It was just like learning to dance in the fashionable way: —
丽莎(继续说):这只是学会时髦的舞步: —

there was nothing more than that in it. But do you know what began my real education?
没有比那更多了。但你知道我真正开始受教育的是什么吗?

PICKERING. What?
皮克林:什么?

LIZA [stopping her work for a moment] Your calling me Miss Doolittle that day when I first came to Wimpole Street. —
莉莎【停下手中的活儿】:你第一次见到我时称呼我为杜丽达小姐的那天。 —

That was the beginning of self-respect for me. [She resumes her stitching]. —
那是我开始自尊的时刻。【她继续缝制】。 —

And there were a hundred little things you never noticed, because they came naturally to you. —
而你从未注意到过这百般小事,因为那对于你来说是自然而然的。 —

Things about standing up and taking off your hat and opening doors—
关于起立、脱帽和开门之类的事情——

PICKERING. Oh, that was nothing.
皮克林:哦,那没什么。

LIZA. Yes: things that showed you thought and felt about me as if I were something better than a scullerymaid; —
莉莎:是的,那些事情说明你把我当作比女佣更好的存在来想待; —

though of course I know you would have been just the same to a scullery-maid if she had been let in the drawing-room. —
虽然我知道如果女佣被带进客厅,你也会一样对待她。 —

You never took off your boots in the dining room when I was there.
你在我在餐厅时从未脱掉靴子。

PICKERING. You mustn’t mind that. Higgins takes off his boots all over the place.
皮克林:你不必在意那一点。希金斯走到哪儿都脱掉鞋子。

LIZA. I know. I am not blaming him. It is his way, isn’t it? —
莉莎:我知道。我并不指责他。那是他的习惯,是吗? —

But it made such a difference to me that you didn’t do it. —
但是对我来说,你不这样做让我感到很不同。 —

You see, really and truly, apart from the things anyone can pick up (the dressing and the proper way of speaking, and so on), the difference between a lady and a flower girl is not how she behaves, but how she’s treated. —
看吧,真的,除了每个人都能注意到的事情(穿着和说话的方式等等),成为淑女和花女之间的区别不在于她的行为,而在于她受到的待遇。 —

I shall always be a flower girl to Professor Higgins, because he always treats me as a flower girl, and always will; —
我永远都会是教授希金斯的花女,因为他总是把我当作花女来对待,而且将来也会这样; —

but I know I can be a lady to you, because you always treat me as a lady, and always will.
但是,我知道我可以成为你的淑女,因为你总是把我当作淑女来对待,而且将来也会这样。

MRS. HIGGINS. Please don’t grind your teeth, Henry.
希金斯夫人,请不要咬牙,亨利。

PICKERING. Well, this is really very nice of you, Miss Doolittle.
皮克林,这真的非常好,杜丽小姐。

LIZA. I should like you to call me Eliza, now, if you would.
我希望你以后称呼我为伊丽莎,如果可以的话。

PICKERING. Thank you. Eliza, of course.
谢谢。伊丽莎,当然可以。

LIZA. And I should like Professor Higgins to call me Miss Doolittle.
我希望希金斯教授称呼我为杜丽小姐。

HIGGINS. I’ll see you damned first.
我宁愿他一辈子都这样。

MRS. HIGGINS. Henry! Henry!
亨利!亨利!

PICKERING [laughing] Why don’t you slang back at him? Don’t stand it. It would do him a lot of good.
皮克林(笑)你为什么不也骂他一顿?别忍气吞声,这会给他带来好处。

LIZA. I can’t. I could have done it once; but now I can’t go back to it. —
我做不到。以前我可以,但现在我不能再回到那个时候。 —

Last night, when I was wandering about, a girl spoke to me; —
昨晚,当我闲逛时,一个女孩对我说话; —

and I tried to get back into the old way with her; but it was no use. —
我试图与她回到以前的方式,但没有用。 —

You told me, you know, that when a child is brought to a foreign country, it picks up the language in a few weeks, and forgets its own. —
你跟我说过,知道吧,当一个孩子被带到一个外国,它几周内就能学会那里的语言,而忘记自己的语言。 —

Well, I am a child in your country. I have forgotten my own language, and can speak nothing but yours. —
嗯,我就像是你们国家的一个孩子。我已经忘记了我自己的语言,只会说你们的语言。 —

That’s the real break-off with the corner of Tottenham Court Road. Leaving Wimpole Street finishes it.
这就是与Tottenham Court Road拐角处的真正决裂。离开Wimpole Street就保证了这一点。

PICKERING [much alarmed] Oh! but you’re coming back to Wimpole Street, aren’t you? —
皮克林(非常惊慌)哦!但是你会回到Wimpole Street的,对吗? —

You’ll forgive Higgins?
你会原谅希金斯吗?

HIGGINS [rising] Forgive! Will she, by George! Let her go. —
希金斯(站起来)原谅!她会原谅吗,天哪!让她走吧。 —

Let her find out how she can get on without us. —
让她看看她如何在没有我们的帮助下生活。 —

She will relapse into the gutter in three weeks without me at her elbow.
没有我在她身边,她会在三周内重新陷入贫民窟。

Doolittle appears at the centre window. With a look of dignified reproach at Higgins, he comes slowly and silently to his daughter, who, with her back to the window, is unconscious of his approach.
杜立特出现在中间的窗口。他怀着尊严的责备看着希金斯,慢慢而不发一言地走向他的女儿,而她背对着窗户,不知道他正在接近。

PICKERING. He’s incorrigible, Eliza. You won’t relapse, will you?
皮克林。他是无可救药的,伊莱扎。你不会复发了,对吧?

LIZA. No: Not now. Never again. I have learnt my lesson. —
伊莱扎。不,现在不会了。我已经吸取了教训。 —

I don’t believe I could utter one of the old sounds if I tried. —
如果我尝试还是无法发出以前的声音。 —

[Doolittle touches her on her left shoulder. —
[杜利特尔碰了碰她的左肩。 —

She drops her work, losing her self-possession utterly at the spectacle of her father’s splendor] A—a—a—a—a—ah—ow—ooh!
她放下手中的工作,在看到父亲的辉煌景象时完全失去了自制力]啊—-哦—呜!

HIGGINS [with a crow of triumph] Aha! Just so. A—a—a—a—ahowooh! A—a—a—a—ahowooh ! —
希金斯 [得意洋洋地] 啊哈!就是这样。啊—-哦—呜!啊—-哦—呜! —

A—a—a—a—ahowooh! Victory! Victory! —
啊—-哦—呜!胜利!胜利! —

[He throws himself on the divan, folding his arms, and spraddling arrogantly].
[他拍了拍沙发,叉开双臂,傲慢地伸展开腿躺下]。

DOOLITTLE. Can you blame the girl? Don’t look at me like that, Eliza. It ain’t my fault. —
杜利特尔。你能怪得了这个姑娘吗?不要那样看着我,伊莱扎,这不是我的错。 —

I’ve come into money.
我有了钱。

LIZA. You must have touched a millionaire this time, dad.
伊莱扎。这次你一定碰到了百万富翁,爸爸。

DOOLITTLE. I have. But I’m dressed something special today. —
杜利特尔。没错。但我今天穿得很特别。 —

I’m going to St. George’s, Hanover Square. —
我要去汉诺威广场的圣乔治教堂。 —

Your stepmother is going to marry me.
你继母要嫁给我了。

LIZA [angrily] You’re going to let yourself down to marry that low common woman!
伊莱扎 [生气地] 你会让自己贬低到与那个下贱的女人结婚吗!

PICKERING [quietly] He ought to, Eliza. [To Doolittle] Why has she changed her mind?
皮克林[轻声]他应该,伊丽莎。[对道尔里特]她为什么改变主意了?

DOOLITTLE [sadly] Intimidated, Governor. Intimidated. —
道尔里特[悲伤地]受到威胁,长官。受到了威胁。 —

Middle class morality claims its victim. —
中产阶级道德夺走了它的受害者。 —

Won’t you put on your hat, Liza, and come and see me turned off?
你不穿上帽子,丽莎,过来看着我被处死?

LIZA. If the Colonel says I must, I—I’ll [almost sobbing] I’ll demean myself. —
丽莎。如果军官说我必须,我,我会[几乎是啜泣] 低声。我会自降身份。 —

And get insulted for my pains, like enough.
而且很可能为此受到侮辱。

DOOLITTLE. Don’t be afraid: she never comes to words with anyone now, poor woman! —
道尔里特。不要害怕:她现在从不与任何人争吵,可怜的女人! —

respectability has broke all the spirit out of her.
体面已经剥夺了她所有的精神。

PICKERING [squeezing Eliza’s elbow gently] Be kind to them, Eliza. Make the best of it.
皮克林[轻轻地拍着伊丽莎的胳膊]对他们友善一点,伊丽莎。尽力而为。

LIZA [forcing a little smile for him through her vexation] Oh well, just to show there’s no ill feeling. —
丽莎[尽管恼怒,但对着他微笑]哦,好吧,只是为了证明没有仇恨。 —

I’ll be back in a moment. [She goes out].
我马上回来。[她走出去]。

DOOLITTLE [sitting down beside Pickering] I feel uncommon nervous about the ceremony, Colonel. —
道尔里特[坐在皮克林旁边]我对这个仪式感到非常紧张,上校。 —

I wish you’d come and see me through it.
我希望你能来帮帮我。

PICKERING. But you’ve been through it before, man. You were married to Eliza’s mother.
皮克林。但你以前经历过,伙计。你和伊丽莎的母亲结过婚。

DOOLITTLE. Who told you that, Colonel?
杜利特尔:是谁告诉你的,上校?

PICKERING. Well, nobody told me. But I concluded naturally—
皮克林:嗯,没有人告诉我。但是我自然推断出来了–

DOOLITTLE. No: that ain’t the natural way, Colonel: it’s only the middle class way. —
杜利特尔:不,那不是自然的方式,上校,那只是中产阶级的方式。 —

My way was always the undeserving way. But don’t say nothing to Eliza. She don’t know: —
我的方式总是不值得的方式。但是别告诉伊莱扎。她不知道:我一直对告诉她有所顾忌。 —

I always had a delicacy about telling her.
皮克林:非常正确。如果你不介意的话,我们就这么办。

PICKERING. Quite right. We’ll leave it so, if you don’t mind.
杜利特尔:上校,你会来教堂,帮我办理手续吗?

DOOLITTLE. And you’ll come to the church, Colonel, and put me through straight?
皮克林:非常愿意。只能如一个单身汉能做的那样。

PICKERING. With pleasure. As far as a bachelor can.
希金斯夫人:杜利特尔先生,我能来吗?错过你的婚礼我会非常遗憾。

MRS. HIGGINS. May I come, Mr. Doolittle? I should be very sorry to miss your wedding.
杜利特尔:我确实会感到荣幸,夫人,您的屈尊光临;

DOOLITTLE. I should indeed be honored by your condescension, ma’am; —
我的可怜的老婆会把她视为极大的恭维。 —

and my poor old woman would take it as a tremenjous compliment. —
她一直很消沉,想着那些已经过去的幸福的日子。 —

She’s been very low, thinking of the happy days that are no more.
希金斯夫人[起身]:我会叫车准备好的。 [除了希金斯,男士们都起身了,除开希金斯外的男士们都起身了]

MRS. HIGGINS [rising] I’ll order the carriage and get ready. [The men rise, except Higgins]. —
我会指派车辆并准备好的。 —

I shan’t be more than fifteen minutes. [As she goes to the door Eliza comes in, hatted and buttoning her gloves]. —
我不会超过十五分钟。【当她走向门口时,伊莉莎进来了,戴着帽子,系着手套】。 —

I’m going to the church to see your father married, Eliza. You had better come in the brougham with me. —
我要去教堂看你爸爸结婚,伊莉莎。你最好和我一起坐马车。 —

Colonel Pickering can go on with the bridegroom.
皮克林将继续陪新郎。

Mrs. Higgins goes out. Eliza comes to the middle of the room between the centre window and the ottoman. —
希金斯太太走了。伊莉莎来到房间中间,中央窗户和小沙发之间。 —

Pickering joins her.
皮克林加入她。

DOOLITTLE. Bridegroom! What a word! It makes a man realize his position, somehow. —
杜立德。新郎!多么让人意识到他的位置的词啊。 —

[He takes up his hat and goes towards the door].
【他拿起帽子走向门口】。

PICKERING. Before I go, Eliza, do forgive him and come back to us.
皮克林。在我离开之前,伊莉莎,请原谅他并回到我们身边。

LIZA. I don’t think papa would allow me. Would you, dad?
丽莎。我不认为爸爸会同意我的。你会吗,爸爸?

DOOLITTLE [sad but magnanimous] They played you off very cunning, Eliza, them two sportsmen. —
杜立德【悲伤但宽宏大量】。他俩运动员对你玩得很狡猾,伊莉莎。 —

If it had been only one of them, you could have nailed him. But you see, there was two; —
如果只有其中一个,你本可以抓住他。但是你看,有两个; —

and one of them chaperoned the other, as you might say. —
而其中一个陪着另一个,你可以这么说。 —

[To Pickering] It was artful of you, Colonel; but I bear no malice: —
【对皮克林说】你很有策略,上校;但我没有恶意。 —

I should have done the same myself. I been the victim of one woman after another all my life; —
我本应该亲自这样做的。我一辈子都成了一个接一个女人的受害者; —

and I don’t grudge you two getting the better of Eliza. I shan’t interfere. —
对于你们两个占了艾丽莎的便宜,我不会干涉; —

It’s time for us to go, Colonel. So long, Henry. See you in St. George’s, Eliza. [He goes out].
时间到了,上校,我们得走了。再见,亨利。在圣乔治街见,艾丽莎。(他走了出去);

PICKERING [coaxing] Do stay with us, Eliza. [He follows Doolittle].
皮克林(哄着)请和我们呆下来,艾丽莎。(跟着杜力特);

Eliza goes out on the balcony to avoid being alone with Higgins. He rises and joins her there. —
艾丽莎走到阳台上,避免与希金斯独处。他站起身来,走到她身边; —

She immediately comes back into the room and makes for the door; —
她立即回到房间里,朝门走去; —

but he goes along the balcony quickly and gets his back to the door before she reaches it.
但是他快速沿着阳台走去,在她走到门口之前,他背靠着门站住了;

HIGGINS. Well, Eliza, you’ve had a bit of your own back, as you call it. —
希金斯:好了,艾丽莎,你已经得到了应得的回击,就像你说的那样; —

Have you had enough? and are you going to be reasonable? —
你还满意吗?你准备理智一点了吗? —

Or do you want any more?
还是你想再来一些?

LIZA. You want me back only to pick up your slippers and put up with your tempers and fetch and carry for you.
艾丽莎:你只是想让我回来为你拾起拖鞋,忍受你的坏脾气,为你伺候吗?

HIGGINS. I haven’t said I wanted you back at all.
希金斯:我从来没有说过我想让你回来。

LIZA. Oh, indeed. Then what are we talking about?
艾丽莎:哦,是吗?那我们在谈论什么呢?

HIGGINS. About you, not about me. If you come back I shall treat you just as I have always treated you. —
HIGGINS. 关于你,而不是关于我。如果你回来,我会像以往一样对待你。 —

I can’t change my nature; and I don’t intend to change my manners. —
我无法改变我的天性;我也不打算改变我的举止。 —

My manners are exactly the same as Colonel Pickering’s.
我的举止和皮克林上校完全一样。

LIZA. That’s not true. He treats a flower girl as if she was a duchess.
LIZA. 那不是真的。他把一个卖花女孩看成公爵夫人。

HIGGINS. And I treat a duchess as if she was a flower girl.
HIGGINS. 而我把一位公爵夫人看成卖花女孩。

LIZA. I see. [She turns away composedly, and sits on the ottoman, facing the window]. —
LIZA. 我明白了。[她镇定地转身,坐在沙发脚凳上,面朝窗外]。 —

The same to everybody.
对每个人都一样。

HIGGINS. Just so.
HIGGINS. 没错。

LIZA. Like father.
LIZA. 就像父亲一样。

HIGGINS [grinning, a little taken down] Without accepting the comparison at all points, Eliza, it’s quite true that your father is not a snob, and that he will be quite at home in any station of life to which his eccentric destiny may call him. —
HIGGINS [咧嘴一笑,有点沮丧] 虽然不能完全接受这个比较,但是,伊莱扎,你父亲确实不是个势利眼,而且他无论命运带他到哪个社会阶层,都会感到如鱼得水。 —

[Seriously] The great secret, Eliza, is not having bad manners or good manners or any other particular sort of manners, but having the same manner for all human souls: —
[认真地] 伊莱扎,伟大的秘诀不在于拥有差劲的举止、好的举止或其他特定类型的举止,而在于对所有的人都保持相同的态度。 —

in short, behaving as if you were in Heaven, where there are no third-class carriages, and one soul is as good as another.
简言之,就像你在天堂一样行为,那里没有三等车厢,每个灵魂都一样好。